Saturday, May 26, 2007

Paste Papers




I made these paste papers last weekend before I went out to do yard work and talk about instant gratification. Each paper only took a couple of minutes to produce. I used the simple recipe on Lisa Vollrath's site, Go Make Something. Because I was in a hurry, I only used one color per page, but next time I''ll try 2 or 3 colors. I used 60 lb. paper from a cheap sketch pad and it seemed to work great. Next time I'll try a different weight paper to see what kind of results I get. When the papers were dry, I just ironed them between pieces of parchment paper. I will probably tear them to use for backgrounds and collages and maybe include pieces in fusion type papers. The tool at the top of the page was used to create these papers. Now I will have to be on the lookout for more tools.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

A simple tool, intriguing results - simplicity at its best!!

Marybug said...

Very pretty paper and it sounds easy to make.I will have to give it a try.