Thursday, May 17, 2007

Fabric Meander Book






I saw the design for this book on one of my fabric groups. The pages are decorated with various laces, ribbons, prints, beads, buttons, silk, velvet, printed, and crochet flowers, and of course lots of fibers. Metal embellishments were used on some of the pages. Instead of sewing the pages together I used eyelets and jump rings to fasten the pages. Each page measures 5"x5" and when the book is closed it stands 2 1/2" high. I sandwiched heavy felt between the front and back to give each page a soft puffy feel. SOLD

6 comments:

Cathy said...

Was it one of the meander books on Fabric-olics? I was part of that RR and the books were really fun to work in. I love your book and how you put it together. Very, very pretty. Aren't fabric books just wonderful when they are complete with all those buttons, trims, and fabrics?

Dianne said...

This book is sooo pretty!!!!!

Unknown said...

This is one of the prettiest things I have ever seen; I have an aversion to sewing but when I see things like this I wanna do it

Beautiful

Ingrid Dijkers said...

This book is just too beautiful! In fact it's outright delicious!
Best-
Ingrid Dijkers

Anonymous said...

is this hand sewn or machine? or a combo? It is beautiful!

Marybug said...

This is just an amazing piece.So beautiful.