Thursday, January 31, 2008

Dotee Dolls


Someone on one of my groups started talking about Dotee dolls and when I saw these silly little dolls I just had to start creating. On the day I finished making them I was beginning to wonder what I was going to do with them. Well on that same day another lady from a different group told everyone that there was this lady collecting small dolls 6" and under to send to women's shelters. She gave this link http://comfortdolls.blogspot.com where there is a wonderful story of what this lady is doing, and why she's doing it. There are lots of pictures of the dolls she is collecting and sending, and now my Dottee's have a reason for being created and will begin what I hope is a fasciniating journey for them.

2 comments:

Maggie R said...

Your Dotees are so sweet. I am sure they will do the job gor which they are intended.
I took part in a swap awhile ago, but haven't had a chance to make more. You have inspired me to do so!
Thanks
Maggie
in very cold, southern ontario, Canada.

Diane Margaret said...

Your little dolls are so precious! I have never made dolls but you have inspired me! I am moved by your story on "comfort dolls"! I also found many other inspitring ideas on your blog, thanks very much! Di