Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Red Rosin Background Paper


I used Red Rosin Paper for the base of this sheet of fused scraps. I glued the plain and textured scraps on with a mix of Elmer' glue and water and then I added a layer of white torn tissue paper and glued that down and brushed more glue on the top of it. When that was dry, I rubbed on light splotches of gold and bronze metallic paints all over. When that was dry I brushed it with and antiquing medium and quickly rubbed it off just to leave accents in the textured places. Next I stamped the paper with various stamps and added dots with the end of two different size dowels. I stenciled through sequin waste at the very end.

1 comment:

Linda Manning Findley said...

well cool stuff out of junk ..... looks good and I will now be heading off to find some red rosin paper ... Linda F